THE HOST OF THE CONFERENCE: Klaipeda University (Klaipeda, Lithuania)
ORGANIZING BODY: Faculty of Health Sciences
- Klaipeda University was established in a specific coastal area of Lithuania from economic, cultural and geopolitical point of view.
- The University annually carries international and national research projects, has the scientific and academic partners, and is involved in the international funds, programs and networks.
- A base created for on-going fundamental, applied research and experimental development activities in physical, biomedical, technology, social sciences and humanities to carry out has more than 60 laboratories, a botanical garden, research vessel Mintis and scientific-research and training schooner Brabander.
- Klaipeda University implements Integrated Science, Studies and Business Centre – Marine Valley – program for Lithuanian maritime sector development.
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES AT KLAIPEDA UNIVERSITY
- Faculty of Health Sciences focuses on social demands, market challenges and future perspectives, emphasizing development of public health, rehabilitation, care, recreation and tourism, social work and medical technologies.
- Modern scientific health research and its integration into health care, social institutions and business are the essence of the study programs.
- The Health Research and Innovation Centre located at the Faculty coordinates research projects, integrate studies and science, and participate in the international research and science activities.
- Today 14 study programs in biomedicine, health sciences, life sciences and social sciences run at the 6 departments (Public Health, Medical Technologies, Rehabilitation, Recreation and Tourism, Nursing, Social Work) at the Faculty.
- The one common mission – the training of highly qualified experts and practitioners, and implementing research activities for health promotion and well-being, unites all
- The major objective – to turn the Faculty of Health Sciences into modern, locally and internationally recognized and integrated school, where educational process is closely related to scientific research and practical activities.
Development of complex interdisciplinary research of public health, social welfare and public sustainable development, development of scientific research, promotion of professional qualification training for faculty teaching and research staff, and update study programs with the latest scientific and practical knowledge.
- Community health promotion, disease prevention and health care, child and young people health, healthy lifestyle, ageing and health, research and assessment of efficiency of health improvement, disease prevention methodologies and health care. Construction and development of smart bioengineering technologies for early diagnosis and treatment, and assessment of the marine environment factors affecting the operator’s condition, ensuring harmonious interaction between humans and the environment;
- Assessment of rehabilitation techniques for improving the quality of life in terms of the training of the specialists;
- Coastal components and factors affecting human health and well-being in recreation and tourism aspects, and the forecast of this impact on Lithuanian coastal region under conditions with demographic change and climate change;
- Assessment of advanced practice nursing impact on human health and welfare;
- Development of innovative social work emphasizing interdisciplinarity in the social welfare context;